TRICARE Supplement Insurance Plans
Available to TRICARE Beneficiaries, regardless of Rank, Service or Duty Status
TRICARE, when used with the TRICARE Supplement, pays 100% of Doctor Visits, Pharmacy, and Hospital Co-Pays*.
If you are retired from the military, are a spouse of a retired military or an active duty service member, TRICARE eligible beneficiary, or a spouse, you or your eligible dependents may be eligible to participate in the GEA TRICARE SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE PLAN.
TRICARE is the Department of Defense’s health benefits program for the military community. The TRICARE Supplement wraps around your TRICARE coverage entitlement so that in most cases, you will obtain 100% reimbursement for TRICARE covered services. In addition, the TRICARE Supplement Insurance affords you the ability to seek care from any TRICARE authorized civilian facility or provider.
Why Choose TRICARE Select Supplemental Insurance Plan
100% out-of-pocket costs for covered services
100% excess charges to the legal limit**
Pays 100% of Doctors Visits, Pharmacy, and Hospital Co-pays
Guaranteed acceptance (subject to 6-month pre-existing condition limitation**)
Priced to fit Your Budget as Well as Your Needs
Retirees and Spouses Get the Same Rates
Smokers Pay the Same Price as Non-smokers
Coverage at Almost Any Hospital and Any doctor
Issuance of Insurance Policy and ID cards
When You Use the TRICARE SUPPLEMENT
With a TRICARE supplement plan, a trip to the doctor means TRICARE Select covers 75% of doctor’s fee, while your TRICARE supplemental insurance picks up the remaining 25% – and you’re 100% covered. Once you reach the Supplement Plan deductible, there are simply no further costs while your supplemental insurance kicks in to cover your balances.
With TRICARE Select you are never required to get HMO approvals for seeing specialists; you never need permission before taking your children to see the doctor; no referrals from a primary health care manager are required, and you don’t have to go to a military treatment facility. It’s easy, just call the office of the doctor you prefer and use your TRICARE supplemental insurance.
Supplemental insurance always pays after TRICARE pays. So, after your TRICARE SUPPLEMENTAL INSURANCE PLAN pays its portion of the bill, the supplemental insurance pays your provider direct or reimburses you, the TRICARE beneficiary, for out-of-pocket medical expenses you will have paid to civilian providers to cover their charges.
You are eligible to enroll if you are a TRICARE eligible recipient, under age 65, and entitled to retired (Military), retainer, or equivalent pay. If you are age 65 or over and ineligible for Medicare, you may apply for the plan by attaching a copy of your Social Security Notice of Disallowance of Benefits to your Enrollment Form. If you are:
Your coverage under the Policy will cease on the ﬁrst to occur of:
The Policy does not cover:
Your coverage and that of your covered dependents become effective on the ﬁrst day of the month following receipt of your enrollment form and ﬁrst premium payment. If on that day, you or a covered dependent are conﬁned in a hospital, the effective date will be the day following discharge from the hospital.
Deferred Effective Date: If on the date that You are to become covered under the Policy you are conﬁned in a Hospital, your coverage will be deferred until the ﬁrst day after You are discharged.
Deferred Effective Date (Dependent): If on the date that an Eligible Dependent is to become covered under the Policy he or she is conﬁned at home, in a Hospital or elsewhere because of injury or sickness, coverage of such person will be deferred until the ﬁrst day after he or she is discharged from the Hospital or place of conﬁnement.
Newborn children not named in your enrollment form are automatically covered from birth for injury or sickness, including treatment of congenital defects and birth abnormalities, for 31 days. You must notify the Plan Administrator in writing and pay the additional premium due within 31 days of birth for coverage to continue beyond this period. Insured children who are incapable of self-sustaining employment because of mental retardation or physical disability- and who are unmarried and chiefly dependent on the insured member for support and maintenance—may continue coverage past policy age limits, with a dependent.
Rates are based on the attained age of the insured person and increases as you enter each new category. Rates and /or benefits may be changed based on a class basis.
Pre-Existing Conditions Limitation
Any injury or sickness whether diagnosed or undiagnosed, for which a covered person received medical care or treatment within the 6-month period preceding the effective date of his or her insurance will not be covered until the coverage has been in effect for 6 months. However, new conditions will be covered immediately.
The Pre-existing condition limitation may be waived under the following conditions: