05 Mar Stance on Abortion – Pro-Life or Pro-Choice
Abortion has been a heated issue for about a decade now. People have divided into groups of for and against about this topic, and the only third category that exists is the one that isn’t aware of the subject. This article aims to give unbiased information about the issue so that people can make an impartial perception regarding the subject.
What is Abortion?
Medically, abortion is a state referring to the termination of pregnancy. This termination can either be artificially induced or naturally occurring. Below are the pros and cons of abortion.
1) According to a survey, about 7% of the total number of induced abortions is because of the female being under rape, incest or facing some serious medical condition owing to pregnancy. In the year 1973, after the infamous Roe v. Wade case, the US Supreme Court decided in favor of abortion declaring it as a ‘fundament right of every woman.’ This decision by the US Supreme court was a step towards women empowerment.
2) Quoting the Fourteenth Amendment of the US Constitution, “the word ‘person’ does not include an unborn.” Biologically, a fetus is not an independent being. It is entirely reliant on the mother’s body for its survival, and it is essential to know that abortion is the termination of pregnancy, not a human being. In general, a census counts the age of an individual from the day it is delivered not from the day it is conceived.
3) According to a report, the risk of the mother dying while giving birth is around 8.8 in 1,00,000 people while the same hazard while aborting the child is 0.6 in 1,00,000. It is also a myth that women who have had an abortion in life have trouble conceiving. Abortion is a medical procedure relating to the termination of ongoing pregnancy and does not affect future pregnancies in any way.
1) During the procedure of abortion, while the mother is sedated, the baby is not. The spinal reflex that is the response to pain develops in the fetus within eight weeks of conceiving. A fetus that is grown over 20 weeks of pregnancy is believed to feel sharp and excruciating pain during an abortion. Several late abortion doctors including Bernard N. Nathanson who was a former abortion doctor have stated that they have encountered 18 weeks old fetuses opening their mouth to scream from the pain whilst the procedure.
2) According to a survey conducted in the US, it is found that the young adult groups of females that undergo abortion are at significantly increased risk of anxiety and subsequent depression. According to Southern Medical Journal women who have experienced abortion to terminate their pregnancy are 154% more prone towards committing suicide than the ones who have completed their term and delivered a baby. Talking about men whose partner chose to abort their child, 51.6% of men were reported to have regrets regarding the decision and 25.8% have ever experienced depression.
3) There is a term called Eugenic termination which means terminating the pregnancy following detection of disabilities in the baby. Aborting babies with disabilities clearly promote the idea of disable beings being lesser than human beings. As a matter of fact, a shocking population of 80% of females chooses to end their pregnancy if they detect Down syndrome in their babies. The National Down Syndrome Society clearly opposes the idea of terminating a pregnancy because of the child suffering from Down syndrome because they are equal contributors to society as far as humanity is concerned.
4) With an increase in the number of women who have had abortions more than two times, it is becoming evident that many women are using abortion as a contraceptive measure. Post the legalization of abortion there was a drastic decrease in the percentage of children being born by 6% whereas the proportion of conceptions rose by 30% clearly indicating that women were using abortion as a method of contraception.
This was all about abortion and its two faces. Hopefully, you have picked a side after reading this, which is it? Pro-Life or Pro-Choice!
What is your stance on abortion?
WishtobeabortedPosted at 09:19h, 23 November
Bro I wish they would’ve just aborted me
Miranda NikolaevPosted at 16:55h, 16 October
bro that shit about the baby opening its mouth to scream had me weak.
Claire MartensPosted at 15:49h, 14 March
For saying you are trying to give “unbiased information,” you sure had a lot of bias in your article.
Joe MamaPosted at 14:56h, 06 March
I honestly always abort my kids. I keep my abortions in a jar in my safe. You were almost aborted but my jar was getting too full.
HughPosted at 20:00h, 21 April
Cool Im starting my own collection right now too. Imagine how much i can sell those fetuses for on the black market.
TasheenaPosted at 15:11h, 19 February
I agree with jacqueline mutz, because abortion is not the way to solve your problems. you live with the consequences of your actions. have your parents taught you nothing? imagine yourself being aborted necause your parents didnt want you because you are responsibility. From just reading your comments it tells me you arent the responsible type and that you are lazy.
UmbreonzRule101Posted at 16:34h, 07 February
I agree with abortions for environmental purposes. What I mean is that the Human population has kept growing, depleting land and resources, and taking space away from wildlife. If I were to have a kid, I would consider adopting first, because there would not have to be more people placed in this world. Imagine this: If the each countries’ birth rates continue to grow the following five to ten years, people would have to take more land from wildlife for homes and farmland, we would run out of water, and many of the animals and plants we would see today would probably go extinct. The point is that we need to expand the death rate to balance out the human population and wildlife.
AbortionLover69Posted at 02:34h, 05 December
Personally I have had 6 abortions and had a great time while doing it. The nurses where so nice and the people outside with the big signs were rude but I am strong and walked right past them. I never use condoms and all the different guys I fucked didn’t want to keep the kid anyways.
FUCK THEM KIDS BRO
sex addictPosted at 17:06h, 07 November
abortions are fun
jacqueline mutzPosted at 15:06h, 15 July
I am so against abortion.Life begins at conception .I truly feel for cases of incest or rape ,aaaand the mental toll this takes on women. THere are so many people wanting babies that are infertile.adoption.If i had the means i would gladly take a child,but at my age i would probably be denied.No abortion is not the answer.
DaniPosted at 20:04h, 12 November
With all do respect, i see where you’re coming from, but if you haven’t been pregnant or educated on what it may be like, then how can you be sure that abortion is NOT the answer? There are women who get pregnant due to being raped, and they may not want to have the child, or even go through with a full term pregnancy. Some women may be at risk of dying during childbirth, and they may not want to go through with a full term pregnancy. Some women have genetic diseases that will not give the child the quality of life that they deserve, and they may not want to go through with a full term pregnancy. With all do respect, you have got to look at the facts, rather than just what you believe in.