Education Advice

VA Education Advice

Here are some crucial Veterans Education Advice –

1. Start by applying. Filling out an application is the first step you take, whether you are a new college student or a transfer student.

2. Meet the Veterans Administrator. Find the Veterans Office on campus and meet them in person. Staff at this office will guide you through the process to receive your benefits.

3. Get your GI benefits. Veterans Administration offers a wide range of benefits, including the new Post 9/11 GI Bill, the Yellow Ribbon Program, the Montgomery GI Bill, Veterans Vocational Rehab, and Transfer of Benefits, to name a few.

4. Apply for financial aid. You can apply for financial assistance by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on

5. Apply for scholarships. You can apply for scholarships based on merit, academics, athletic, private, and general by area of interest. A veteran’s dependents also receive fee waivers. The College Tuition Fee Waiver for the veteran dependents, also known as the CalVet Fee Waiver — is a state benefit that offers free education at the CSU and the other state public post-secondary universities and colleges.

Veterans Administration pays the monthly amount directly to the student. The current monthly allowance for full-time training is $1,224. Veterans Administration also pays the full in-state tuition costs for public schools training and up to $25,162.14 per year at private or foreign schools.

MyCAA (Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts) provides up to $4,000 (over two years) of financial support to veteran spouses pursuing a license, certification, or Associate’s degree in a portable career field occupation.

Log in

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy