04 Jan VA Loan Rates and Benefits for Service Members
VA Loan Highlights –
Available for eligible army professionals and veterans
- Home loans with zero downpayment
- Affordable interest rates
- No Private Monthly Insurance (PMI) required
VA Home Loan – Helping Service Members Purchase A Home
Most U.S. service members and veterans fail to maintain a strong credit history required for a conventional home loan.
As an initiative to help them fulfill their dreams of owning a home, the Department of Veterans Affairs came up with VA Home Loans, which backs a portion of the loan, enabling lenders to offer the loan at favorable rates.
VA loans offer a huge relief to service members and veterans who can’t qualify for a conventional loan.
10 Best VA Home Loans 2022
Compare 2022's Best VA Home Loans. Federally Insured. 0% Down. Active Duty, Vet & Family. Tap to Compare Rates. No Money Down.
Comparing is quick, easy, and free!
Since World War II, the VA Home Loan initiative has helped nearly more than 20 million service members and veterans to buy a home.
VA Home Loan Highlights
- Zero down payment, unlike FHA or conventional loans.
- No PMI is required, which means lower monthly payments.
- Affordable VA loan rates.
- The loan may cover the VA funding fee.
VA Streamline (IRRRL) Refinance
Do you already own a home? If yes, we recommend refinancing it into a VA IRRRL (Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan) or Streamline Refinance Loan.
By refinancing your current VA home loan using VA IRRRL, you can reduce your interest rate. A reduced interest rate means lower monthly mortgage payments. Using VA IRRRL, service members can also convert an adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) into a fixed-rate mortgage.
- Lower interest rates than conventional loans
- Easy to apply, qualify, and close
- Flexible loan terms
- Minimum documentation
- The loan may also cover the closing cost
VA Cash-Out Refinance
The VA Cash-Out Refinance Loan lets homeowners withdraw cash from their home equity to cover little expenses like a small debt, funding school, or renovating the home.
Opting for a VA Cash-Out Refinance Loan can be a wise decision as it will reduce your monthly payments.
- Use the Cash-Out Refinance Loan to pay off higher interest rate debts, like credit cards.
- Refinance a Non-VA loan into a VA loan.
VA Loan Eligibility –
Active or former service members having any of the following acknowledgments can qualify for a VA loan:
- Active duty of 181 days during peacetime
- Active duty of90 days during wartime
- Service in the Reserves or National Guard for six years
- Surviving veteran’s spouses
VA loans are flexible and help service members get a home for lower monthly payments.