26 Feb Statistics on VA Health Service Utilization and Benefits
The VA offers a set of interesting data regarding VA Health Service Utilization and Benefits. The data show the number of veterans getting benefits of various programs offered by VA and specific demographic breakdowns. The data is provided by Administration of Veterans and contain information till 2010.
The statistics show:
- The count of veterans getting VA Disability Benefits is 3.10 Million.
- The total number of completely disabled veterans is 285103.
- Total count of veterans obtaining VA pension is 305756.
- Total count of partners obtaining DIC is 326,052.
- Total count of registered members in VA Medical Services for the Financial Year 2009 is 8061 Million as provided by VBA Education Service, VBA Office of Performance Analysis and Integrity, DVA Information Technology Center and Health Service Training Report.
- Total count of specific patients cared for the financial year 2009 is 5744 Million, as reported by VBA Education Service, VBA Office of Performance Analysis and Integrity, DVA Information Technology Center and Health Service Training Report.
- Total count of veterans who get compensation for PTSD is 386600.
- Total count of veterans obtaining IU services is 263338.
- Total count of VA educational heiress is 5644827.
- Total count of life insurance policies coordinated and administered under VA is 7.26 million.
- Total value of insurance policies coordinated and administered under VA is 1.34 trillion.
- Total count of VA Vocational Rehabilitation (Para 31) interns for the financial year 2009 is 59829.
- Total count of members in Active VA Home Credits is 1.37 million.
- Total count of professional Health service providers working with VA is 114685 for the financial year 2009.
- Total count of OIF/ OEF disables is 981 as infirmed by DOD.
Veterans’ demographical break-up:
- Estimated total number of US veterans is 2306700. Among them 1824000 or 8 percent are women.
- Estimated total number of Living WW II veterans is 2272000 (09/30/2009).
- The total number of WW II veterans who die per day is 850.
- Percentage of veterans aged 65 or more is 39.9%.
- Veteran demography by origin:
Asia Pacific Islander: 1.5%
Alaska Natives/American Indians: 0.8%
Statistics on VA:
- Total count of VA servicemen inactive status is 300,640.
- Total amount of VA hospitals is 153.
- Total count of VA community-oriented outdoor centers is 788.
- Total count of VA vet clinics is 232.
- Total count of VA local centers is 57.
- Total count of VA state cemeteries is 131.
Financial Year 2009 Value increase (real)
NCA: $280 million VBA-GOE: $ 1.62 billion VHA: $44.5 billion VA: $100.0 billion
Financial Year 2010 Value increase (projected)
NCA: $ 250 million VBA-GOE: $1.96 billion VHA: $48.1 billion VA: $ 127.0 billion
Financial Year 2011 Value increase (desired)
NCA: $251 million VBA-GOE: $ 2.15 billion VHA: $52.1 billion VA: $ 124.3 billion
Data on VA demography is obtained from the veteran population as of 09/30/2009, VA employee pay status count as of 03/31/2010, Veterans affairs Site Tracking as of 12/31/2009.
NCA data source: Office of Budget, Health services training Report
VHA data source: Medical care MCCF and medical research
VBA-GOE data source: Discretionary spending only
VA data includes also funding from recovery act data.