Details about veterans retraining assistance program
For unemployed veterans this program which is known as veterans retraining assistance program comes under VOW to hire hero’s act of 2011.The veterans who are facing difficulty in searching the job will get the retraining assistance through this program. Through this program veteran will receive help to get education and being trained to get the job.
Advantages of this program:-
This program provides 1 year training to the unemployed veterans. In the Montgomery GI Bill active duty program you can be eligible for 1 year of training assistance at the rate of full time payment. The payment is at this time is $1,473 monthly.
Eligibility for veterans retraining program:-
To get the eligibility for this program, following requirements have to be fulfilled:-
- Veteran’s age should be less than 60 and more than 35.
- As confirmed by department of labor he should be unemployed
- It is must that the program should be Non -college degree, training of a high demand sector, a certification or associate degree.
- The veteran should be enrolled in a technical school or community college for an education program offered by VA.
The veterans will not be eligible if
- Veterans come under or qualify for any other education benefit program by VA. As
- Post -9/11 GI Bill
- Employment assistance
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Montgomery GI Bill
- If he got a honorable discharge
- Due to employability if he get the VA compensation
- If he is getting the training in the federal or state job training program
For veterans who have finished earlier the VA rehabilitation program
If you have utilized the 26 weeks of unemployment benefits and already finished the VA rehabilitation program then you can be eligible for extra 1 year in this program. The following requirements needs to be fulfilled:-
- Who has completed earlier the VA rehabilitation and employment program and are declared as rehabilitated.
- Until June 1,2012, he has not started any education
- Need to apply after not more than 6 months of completing your 26 weeks of unemployment benefits.
So on top of this your application surely should reach by March 31, 2014 and you can still be eligible for extended or emergency unemployment benefits.
For retraining benefits how someone can apply
U.S. office of veterans program provides the veteran retraining program. Veteran Retraining Program Application must be downloaded and completed by you. The application should be submitted to the closest office of U.S. department of veteran affairs.
Retraining cost and availability
From 1st July to 30 September 2012, the participants are limited to 45,000 in this veteran retraining program and from October 1, 2012 to march 31, 2014 participants are limited to 54,000.