Home / FAQs / How to change or upgrade my discharge?

How to change or upgrade my discharge?

All military services maintain a discharge review board with the authority to modify, correct or change any dismissal or discharge that has not been issued as a result of sentence declared by general courts-martial. However, the board is not authorized to address any medical issue-related discharge. The veteran, his or her life partner, his or her wards, or any other legally declared representatives have the right to apply to have the discharge reviewed by filing an application with the relevant military department using forms DD 149 and DD 293. These forms may be obtained from your nearest regional veterans’ authority office by calling 1-800-827-1000. You can also get these forms from a Veterans Services Organization or by visiting the following website: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/infomgt/forms/formsprogram.htm.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *