Home / FAQs / How do I change my name in DEERS?

How do I change my name in DEERS?

You must update your name in DEERS to remain eligible for benefits. If your name has changed due to divorce, marriage, or a legal name change, take following steps to update your name in DEERS: You can call the DMDC Support Office (DSO) to have a representative assist you regarding the documents needed for processing the change of name. Hours of operation and phone numbers are as follows: (800) 538-9552 (866) 363-2883 (for the hearing impaired) From Monday to Friday 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Pacific Time (closed on federal holidays) You can then fax or mail a copy of the appropriate documents (for instance, a divorce or marriage certificate) to the DSO. You must include your current phone number, Social Security Number, and address. To mail, use the following address: Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office 400 Gigling Road Seaside, CA 93955-6771 To fax, use the following number: (831) 655-8317 NOTE: The process for updating a name takes from three business days to three weeks to be completed. When the changes have been made, you will be contacted by mail or phone.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *