Home / FAQs / How Can I Change My Address?

How Can I Change My Address?

Change My Address
Once moved, you then have to ask yourself where and how do I change my address? You should update your address with VA as soon as possible after a move. This can be done via telephone, by submitting a signed application by mail, or online.

For Benefits

You can dial (800) 827-1000 for assistance. Please have verification data readily available.

You can also mail the completed VA Form 20-572, Request for Change of Address/ Cancellation of Direct Deposit, to the Evidence Intake Center at:

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Evidence Intake Center
P.O. Box 4444
Newnan, GA 30271

Your address may also be updated through eBenefit’s portal.

If you are seeking available benefits from different departments then each office should be contacted separately to update your address.

The Veterans Mortgage Life Insurance Change of Address form is available at: http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-29-0563-ARE.pdf.

For Health Care

In the event of an address change, complete form 10101EZ which can be found here: https://www.1010ez.med.va.gov/sec/vha/1010ez/Form/1010EZR-fillable.pdf.

You should also contact the Enrollment Coordinator at your local VA medical facility. You can also dial: 1-877-222-VETS (8387)

For GI Bill

You can update your address or Direct Deposit online:

1.Go to the WAVE portal: https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do and log on by following the instructions.
2. Once logged in, click on “Direct Deposit Enrollment Form” or “Change of Address”.
3. If you are unable to access WAVE, the request can be made by telephone by dialing: 888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551).


In the event of an address change, it is important that you update it with CHAMPVA. Mail your change of address to:

P.O.Box 469063
Denver, CO 80246-9063

You can also update your address through the Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS) a secure communications tool used in place of conventional email. You can also dial: 800-733-8387, and our customer service representative will update your address after verification.

For Foreign Medical Program

You can mail your change of address to:

Foreign Medical Program
P.O. BOX 469061,
Denver, CO, 80246-9061

or dial: 303-331-7590.


  1. I need to change my address. I want the entire VA system to be notified How do I do this?

  2. So medications received via the VA will be mailed to the address updated in the ebenefits portal?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *