Home / FAQs (page 80)


How can I obtain proof of military service?

A Standard Form 180 needs to be filled out to obtain proof of military service. The completed form needs to be mailed to the appropriate official in charge of military service records, regardless of whether service was regular active duty or with the Selected Reserves or National Guard. Additional instructions …

Read More »

How Can I Change My Address?

Change My Address

Once moved, you then have to ask yourself where and how do I change my address? You should update your address with VA as soon as possible after a move. This can be done via telephone, by submitting a signed application by mail, or online. For Benefits You can dial …

Read More »

How much does VA pay for compensation?

Benefits are tax free and paid monthly. The amount varies depending on the type and percentage rating of disability. If the disability is equal to or greater than 30%, each dependent is entitled to an additional sum. If the disabilities are severe, such as loss of an organ or limb …

Read More »