Home / FAQs / Can my lender get my Certificate of Eligibility for me?

Can my lender get my Certificate of Eligibility for me?

Yes, the internet based application Web LGY provides a Certificate of Eligibility within seconds after establishing eligibility for most lenders. However, only limited cases for which VA has sufficient records can be processed through the Web LGY. Therefore, veterans should ask their lenders about this method of obtaining certification.


  1. Please instruct me on how I can get a copy of a letter of discharge, my DD214 only shows the active time served and not the years served in the Navy Reserves and the year i was dischared.

    • Veterans Authority

      Please use the Standard Form (SF) 180, Request Pertaining to Military Records. Although not mandatory, using the SF-180 is the recommended method to send a request for military service information. This form captures all the necessary information to locate a record. Provide as much information on the form as possible and send copies of any service documents that you may have. Most veterans and their next-of-kin can also request copies of their DD Form 214 and other 20th Century military and medical personnel records online, via eVetRecs. You can find more information here: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *